In 2018, The Hanna Project organized five teams to provide help, hope, and healing for people across the world. Here is a brief summary of where the teams went and how they helped others:
- In May, a team of 14 went to the eastern jungles of Ecuador, along the Napo River. The team included both medical and construction personnel. The construction team partnered with Jungle Kids for Christ and built a covered walkway for Antioch Christian Academy. The medical team worked with the Center of Health in Misahuali, visiting numerous villages to provide well-child checks and treat minor ailments. The cost for each team member on this trip was $2,200.
- In August, a team of 15 went to Doropo, Ivory Coast. This team also consisted of medical and construction volunteers. The medical team worked alongside the Ivorian medical personnel at the hospital in Doropo that was founded by Dr. Miley. The team included a surgeon, several nurses, and nursing students. The construction team worked on the medical wing of the Miley Hospital. Volunteers scraped and painted windows and doorframes and worked on electrical and other general maintenance items. The cost for each team member who went to Ivory Coast was $3,200.
- At the end of September, a team of four went to Kazakhstan. THP joined strategic partner BMG to work with Hope Centers. The team installed styrofoam insulation on the outside walls of a Hope Center, dug ditches, and put in a new fence and taught English camps. The cost for each team member was $3,200.
- An October team will head to Svishtov, Bulgaria, to redo a wing at a local hospital. The team will paint and put together beds. In the evenings, cooking classes will be offered for the ladies in the community. This trip cost is $2,700.
- The first of November, a team of skilled workers will head to Tokorozawa, Japan. Their plans are to renovate a building that was recently found. They will paint walls, ceiling, and exterior parts of the building; lay wood flooring; and install lighting. This trip cost $3,450.
- The last trip of the year will be to Shumen, Bulgaria, December 27 to January 8. The team will distribute Christmas shoeboxes from Samaritan’s Purse in Shumen and local villages. They will work with Josh and Lydia Provow, perform drama, play games, pass out Christmas boxes, and simply love on the children they meet. The trip cost $2,500 per person.
If you would like to sign up for future The Hanna Project trips, click here to apply .https://hannaproject.com/where-we-work/application/